Sparkling ANZAC- an Australian Soldier



By Charlie, from Griffith NSW. Died 25th April 1915 age 21. No rebirth. Father ran a petrol station. Mother full of energy. Parents met at Catholic tennis


Don’t understand it all. Indian soldiers- dots on foreheads-(dusty) (Red)


My duty (I like) is to be ready at 11 am. My other jobs completed in 1915. Announced on Orange day. (When everything is Orange)


See it from up here (Yellow wattle). (Green). Never questioned orders. (Don’t know how to Mate)


I could not speak for some time (lucky to hear though) the calming (Light Blue) you cannot hear. Deep Indigo Blue silence too


Some things I cannot tell you. But be happy in the happiness of others (Dad called it unjealous) (The old lady in the Navy Blue hat confirmed it) (She is always right) (She guides)


Folks with the Pink t-shirts- they smile a bit too much-their smiles light up each dawn- Mum is in there somewhere (waking the multi-coloured parrots up each morning) (she loves such joy)


Big Gold Mirror(BGM) is what helped me. “How can you be so cruel Charlie?” it asked constantly


Now 11 am (Time is Purple) (Time is Gold) (Time is White). Time for me to go and listen to “Lest we forget” somewhere- my only task


“light, my light, the world filling light, the eye kissing light, heart sweetening light” Verse 57- Gitanjali- Rabindranath Tagore




Comments

Popular Posts